We have several needs that might be a good fit for a group. For individuals, if you see something on these lists you’d like to give, we are very grateful!
Food is our number one expense – nearly $9000 per month. We appreciate food drives for the following items:
- Canned green beans
- Canned tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Canned black bean
- Canned corn
- Pasta of all kinds
- Pasta sauce
- Bottled water
- Colas – especially Coke, diet Coke, root beer, orange, Mello Yellow, Dr. Pepper
53% of our students from homelessness or jail and have only the clothing on their backs. Here, they learn disciplines such as showering daily. We always appreciated –
- Shampoo and cream rinse
- Men’s new underwear (sizes S, M, L and XL)
- Women’s new underwear (5, 6, 7 and 8)
- Women’s sports bras (S, M, L and XL)
We have a number of projects on our wish list:
- Outdoor ceiling fans for the men’s patio. This is where our men sit and talk. During the summer heat, it can be uncomfortable.
- Raised garden beds. We have a small grant for our female students to build raised garden beds enclosed by a fence to keep Mr. Groundhog out. All we lack is direction and project management!
Our students devote themselves to the study of God’s Word and their daily chores. In their downtime, they would very much appreciate –
- An ice cream social
- A cookout
- A boat outing
- A biking opportunity
- River rafting
- Tickets to a Lookouts game or local football game
- A concert on our campus
Holidays, seasons and observances offer several ideas for volunteers to make an impact in the lives of our students while they work hard on recovery. Hover over/tap month to see the ideas we came up with!!